View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 08:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You ladies ROCK!!!

This is some awesome stuff! Annie and Mrs. D., I for one soooo appreciate the time each of you has devoted to help us all educate ourselves on these issues. I agree that there is so much info. out there in the net that we can't completely blame our neuros for not giving us all the information. And unfortunately, the medical community is just now starting to come around to realizing there's more to disease than what drugs and tests are out there.

It's just hard to find one that is that "educated".

I am going to post in a new thread another caution I just found out about Chantix (quit smoking aid). I'm not doing well enough to do it twice, so see the thread.

I see my new neuro Tues. and she lists MG as one of her specialites - unheard of in my experience - and she is somewhat involved in research through the MDA org. here in Denver. Can't wait to see what she knows!!!

Thanks again. The emotional support and opportunity to commiserate and compare notes is very important, but with lots of us research and relaying this type information we can all be a lot more proactive in our treatments!

Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Annie... I understand completely.

The caffeine issue is in one of the quotes I put up above...
Caffeine gives twitches instead of other signals. These may cloud the issue during EMG.

It is a fine point. But it also begs the question as to why people are allowed muscle relaxants during EMGS...like Valium.
Doesn't this cloud the EMG results too? What this does is reduce tremors as well, IMO.

I personally don't think caffeine in large amounts is good for anyone. Myself included.

But a bit of chocolate daily, or one cup of coffee or tea, can't surely be so negative.

When your doctor gives you the information you asked for, please do post it here.
mrsD (03-11-2009)