View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlindeb25 View Post
No, when one of us (celiac/gluten intolerant) say no grains, that means no grains. I do not eat any grains, no wheat, no rye, no barley, no oats, no soy, no rice, no corn, nor anything similiar too them.
I have to respectfully disagree on this one. There is a big difference between gluten free and grain free. I am celiac and follow a gluten free diet. The only things I need to avoid are wheat, barley, rye and oats. I can eat any other grain I want. Sounds like Deb is sensitive to more than just gluten. That means she is more than just celiac. A lot of people who can't eat gluten must avoid other foods too. So far my only problem is gluten. My heart goes out to those who are more than just celiac. Going GF is hard enough without having to avoid even more foods.

Oh and most of the gluten free breads I've had are made with mostly rice flour. Seriously. Often it is a blend of flours with rice (white or brown) being the main one and others added for better flavor and texture. Sorghum, tapioca, and potato are just some of the other flours I can think of off the top of my not quite awake head. It boggles my mind all the different kinds of flours there are out there.

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote