Thread: Sleep aids?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Gdbyrd,

In the past I had great results with Valerian - an herbal. I took it about 1/2 hour before bed and woke without any of the residual grogginess from OTC sleep aids. I was put on Ambien at one point by my neuro, as well, but the Valerian did a better job for me. I'll warn you though, it's really hard to get past the smell - have your glass of water ready, take a deep breath before opening the bottle, get the capsule in your mouth and drink the water without breathing in! They smell to high heaven!

Depending on what you have going on, you should probably do a web search on Valerian or talk to a doctor, pharmacist or herbalist to make sure it wouldn't cause problems, but it ISN'T like valium as the name may suggest. It can have some affect on blood pressure, etc. though.

Good luck - Sleep is so important to help the body cope with any condition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdbyrd View Post
hey guys! Aside from having my striational antibodies done monday(still waiting on results) not much has been going on here. For about the last week I haven't been getting any sleep. I wasn't sure what sleep aids I could take and was planning on seeing my GP sometime this or next week if problem continues but I'm not sure what I could take.

Curious what anyone on here has had experience with.