View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I remember (YEARS AGO, LIKE 45 or so, when I began to have weight problems (I used to self-medicate with foods so I could deal with a very over-bearing mother), and she couldn't stand the way I looked so she took me to a diet doctor.

He looked at me disgustingly and said "get on the scale I want to vomit". (never forgot that conversation). Anyway, I will remember what he said if I live to be 100).

he said "go to the store and buy Gluten Bread".

I had never heard of Gluten Bread, I thought "bread was bread", so I said "what is Gluten Bread?" He didn't answer, he spoke to my mother.

So off we went to various grocery stores and then we found a package of GLUTEN BREAD.

I remember my mother slicing it and I put margarine or some spread on it. I don't remember if I toasted it but I DO REMEMBER it was very doughy. It was not packaged sliced. It was a whole loaf of read.

While it didn't taste like regular bread, I remember it was okay. I can see myself putting it in my mouth as I am typing this post.

Imagine, remembering such a thing 45 years later.

I must have some great olfactory sense thing going on.

And I always wondered why Gluten Bread was ordered for someone who had to lose 50 pounds.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote