View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you Jaynurse and Augie. I have called and made an appointment with a pain management clinic here in kentucky. I am desperate for a break from the pain I am up until 3 to 4am most nights it is so depressing and causes you to have thoughts you normally would not have.

The hospital where I see my doctors have an online patient access program where you can send emails to your doctor, view your lab results etc...

Here is my email to him at 2:59am
03/06/2009 02:59
help..it is 2:45am and like all the other nights i can't sleep showers foot rubs nothing so I take another pill and another..this is what I am up to..
6am 1200 mg neurontin 100mg tramadol
11am 600 mg neurontin 100mg tramadol
4pm 1200 mg neurontin 100 mg tramadol
9ishpm 1500 mg neurontin 150 tramadol
Now on days where I am exhausted frm not sleeping I dont understand before I selpt now I dont..I will sleep maybe 6 hours but when i wake up it is horrible i have no sensation up to my knees my right leg is worst but yet I feel pain in my feet like needles sharp knife like. When trying to walk my right leg often buckles, I have fallen down in public, it is hard to lift my right leg or left leg to get into a vehicle..I cant remember things misplace things. I wish i Had one normal day pain free
I used to be able to do so much more this is horrible...
Is there anything else i can try i taking tramadol and it still doesnt seem to help wit nights are horrible so i take extra of the neurontin (1500mg) and (150mg)of the tramadol before i try adn go to bed.during the day the pain is not as basd my husband massages my feet with extra icy hot. i have purchased a traedmill for exercise

His response...
03/09/2009 14:12 Mrs. Moore:
You do not have many options at this point. You are presently taking the maximum dose of Neurontin and tramadol. You could increase the amitriptyline to 150 mg per night (3 tabs po qhs), but this is also a very large dose. You could add Advil or Motrin to your pain regimen. You could take 2-3 tabs po 4 times per day as needed for pain.

Is it me? But my thoughts are can we try something else...no other options...??? How frustrating to hear...

I am sorry I am just tired of being like this....sorry had to vent
COLBEYMOORE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote