Thread: Newbie!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisba View Post
Thanks for the links! Mrsd, apparently I'm like you, just gluten sensitive, but not celiac. The results came in the mail today, negative for celiac. Now, does that mean that I definitely do not have celiac? (My MG is seronegative). If it's definitely not celiac, but just gluten sensitivity, does that mean I can very occasionally sneak in some gluten? I'm afraid to try it since the improvement has been so dramatic. No more diarrhea, no more cramps, no more gas than normal people have, no bloating, plus nowhere near as much fatigue as I was having. I feel like I've gotten my life back!
Hugs,
Hi Lois,

What tests did you have run? I am "just gluten sensitive" myself. I don't have the celiac genes and I've never been tested for celiac. For many years, I cheated fairly regularly, but cutting down on gluten dramatically helped my digestion. However, I developed many other food intolerances, including dairy, corn, quinoa, soy, and nuts. I can't help but think that if I had truly given up gluten years ago, I would not have developed these other food intolerances. At the time, it wasn't recommended that I go totally GF. If I only had to give up gluten now, I would be so grateful!

If a GF diet is working for you, I say listen to your body!

Claire