View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't have MS but have a condition that is fairly similar in many ways and is just as hard to diagnose and treat!!!

I have seen about 25 Doctors in the last 2 years that I have had RSD!!! I have seen about 8 Physical Therapists (covering 3 different hospitals in the UK), 2 Neurologists, 2 Pain Management Doctors, about 5 Orthopaedic Doctors (this was to check that I didn't have any broken bones in my leg, which I didn't), my GP, 3 Psychologists (2 to help me come to terms with my illness and the school's Psychologist to try and find ways for me to work around my illness), 3 Orthotic Doctors etc etc!

It is SO frustrating that we all have to see soo many Doctors before we can get an accurate diagnosis! I really wish that Doctors would be more familiar with different illnesses and actually know what to look out for!! My nanan had Progressive MS and she had to see lots of doctors before she was diagnosed and many more after that to get the Baclofen Pump and treat complications that arose from the MS.