View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thanks Sandy! I called Dell Tech Support this a.m. and the tech took control of my pc, which I always think is cool looking. From the info that I gave him, plus the alert re: the adapter message~ he said that even though the meter registered 19.5 on the adapter, it's not giving a consistent signal when plugged into my laptop.

So, they are sending me a new adaptor, as they can wear from the constant inserting etc, or just faulty in the box or wiring w/it. The best part is that b/c it's still under warranty, it's free! So, hope that is my problem!

He was really helpful and while I had him on the phone, I asked a bunch of questions. My SIL had laptop probs and his was out of warranty, so he had to pay $$$$ for his tech support, so I'm lucky to still have that.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me. I appreciate it, but if the adapter doesn't fix my problem, you can bet I'll be back. I'm so computer illiterate. When I got my education, there weren't any computers, just electric typewriters. How can that be when I'm only 39?????

*crossing fingers~~ grin*

Last edited by Koala77; 03-11-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Fixing my own error
DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (03-11-2009), Koala77 (03-11-2009), SandyC (03-11-2009)