View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 12:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistiis View Post
LOL...here I am replying to my own post. Maybe it will give everyone a jump start:

"There is death in life, and life in death."

Yeah, its mine.....
Thank you for starting this..I have read a few others that are trying to talk about death, but like you said too many find it hard. But not me! My kids & I talk and we have actually worked out most of the details for our funerals & such.

Sound too weird? I admit that I am...But after my accident I was told I would die. My kids & family were sorta prepared. But thru the Grace of God I made it. Towards the beginning of my recovery I hurt sooo bad! I WANTED to die..Plain & simple. I had it all worked out. I thought I was acting Unselfishly for my children. I talked to them about it. I tried to convince them that they Would be better off without having a crippled, Brain dead mom who would never walk or be able to earn a living anymore. You know...the whole 9 yards.

Long story short, my DOG saved me. I knew everyone would care for my kids, but my little pain in the butt, yapping mini schnauzer...no way! he loved me so much. So I had to stay around. I VERY happy I did. Who would have known that I could have this life now.

All the Dr.'s were wrong, All the Neuro's were Wrong! I can walk, talk, learn, & help others.

Death is a part of living. It is the only thing that is sure to happen. One day I got a notebook & then called all the family. I told them this was their Death Wish Call. I wrote down everyones wishes, from which type of service if any, right down to what kind of flowers if any. Of course they all think I am nuts but who cares. My kids will come to visit & say to each other, I want THAT when mom dies, & then they ask me.lol....I love it!

It has become very easy to talk about in my family...except with my mom, who is a paranoid schizophrenic & thinks I am planning her demise.
gardengrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (03-11-2009), DMACK (03-11-2009), mistiis (03-11-2009), pono (03-13-2009), Twinkletoes (03-12-2009), who moi (03-11-2009)