View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:58 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemonkey View Post
I am not really sure what might be iffy.I guess i am just worried because it's something new and i'm not sure what's involved and whether 'll be up to doing it. I am just hoping it doesn't involve any role playing stuff because that would really freak me out.
I do have difficulties with being assertive,socially interacting with others(outside of family and other clients at the mh centre/drop in centre),organizing myself -i get sidetracked very easily on irrelevancies whilst puttin off or sometimes forgetting to do things i should do.
Dear Firemonkey,
My therapist might remind you that this decision is yours. You are in control and can choose to do whatever you want. (She would be more concise yet gentler.)

My thought about the class is that they are going to start with something very beginnerish. They do not expect you to already be comfortable with this entire program on the first meeting. They will build up to the more advanced exercises during the 12 weeks.

I wish that there was a way to go the first time or even just poke your head in the door to see if you like it and then decide. There is a possiblilty that you would gain some coping skills and find some gain in the course.

But I don't like starting something new so I can see that the possible gain might not out weigh the possible loss.

Mari