View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart hugs and support info

Yeah, it is wacky! I don't get it either.

Different states have different medical programs. Here, there are 3: Medical Assistance, Medicare, and Minnesota Care. I found out that you have to file separately for some medical assistance after Social Security approved my case as disabled. Then, I had to meet some additional requirements by the state and show SS disability approval. If SS hadn't approved me, I still probably would have qualified, but my case would have to go to board review first. After a few months, the state finally kicked in paying medical. What a relief! It is a long, rocky, and stressful road

I wish you and your husband the best of luck. It isn't easy, and this is a really hard time to come up against it (in our current economy)! But, there are groups committed to helping the disabled. Somehow, I got hooked up to Disability Linkage Line. 1-866-333-2466. They are wonderful, so supportive and helpful & provide information pertaining to you (the caller). They are a little tough to get a hold of initially, but leave a message & they'll call you back the next business day. M-F 8:00-4:30. You can tell them I sent you

Best wishes!
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-01-2009)