View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you everyone, it has been a really rough 3 years, I have had 3 cervical spine surgeries, the last 2 were done after I was in a serious car accident 5 months after my first surgery, I am going through surgery #4 on the 27th of this month...I am still being shuffled around to different doctor's to see if I have TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome)..so we have had alot on our plate. I also have almost all of the same symptom's my son has, I begin to wonder if whatever he has I have..but he is my main concern right now.

Jacob is a good kid and I know that he is worried about me, I told him not to worry about me, I am becoming at pro at this spine surgery stuff... My main concentration is on him right now, that is why I put off my surgery thinking we would know something by then.

Then on top of all of that, my husband will probably be out of a job the end of this month..

But we keep our chins up and go through the storms of life....

My husband is a very healthy person and only goes to the doctor once a year for his yearly physical, so he is having a hard time dealing with the "Wait" on tests...I told him, the doctor can not give us a diagnosis until he does all the tests...that would be stupid of him to say it is this or that and not have anything to back up his diagnosis..I know he is worried about our son, so am I but we just have to be patient.

He is going today at noon for the Brain and spine MRI. I have had more than my share of MRI's so I know to be sure and get copies, I also request them to send me a copy of the actual report once it is written out by the radiologist. I scan everything and put it into my computer on an external hard drive.

I will keep you all posted when we know something...
dlluvspigs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NurseNancy (03-16-2009)