View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 10:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Steve,
Was your boat recreational or was fishing a job. I hope that in the near future I can relocate. I am the surgery grunt at our hospital here. I do many, many things and refer to myself as the "Chief of Surgery" maid.
It sounds so much better. Actually, I do play an important role in the department and it takes all of us to keep things running smoothly.
I just received my bachelors in social work at the young age of 49 and have had to stay at my current job due to my many medical issues.
It is a bit frightening to give up a position with 11 years seniority to go the bottom man at a new job. Insurance is a must and right now I better stay put.
I reason I mentioned all of the above is because I was checking out jobs all over the US and I am extremely attracted to the N. E. states. I can see myself working in a city but living in a quaint fishing village somewhere along the coast. To me it would be idyllic. My other option is to work in London.
I have contacts over there and Saturday I received a letter and app from a social worker friend there. She wants to get me over there as soon as possible and she has cut through some red tape for me. I am going to send the application because I believe that Mayo is going to find out what my problem is and fix me up.
That is my story and I am sticking to it. I will stay positive, my pride and positive attitude (most of the time) is about all I have left. I guess those are pretty important things to hang on to.
I would love to hear about what it is like where you live. I have imagines of some places there as being lost in the past and I would love to be lost in the past also. LOL
I could be a social worker on a fishing boat................ That would be cool, hey?
So that is my week, only left the house 3x for groceries and a doc appt.
Whew, what a social butterfly I have become!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure many can relate. I sure am glad that I am comfortable with myself, but there are days that I don't like me very much and would like to beat the tar out of me.................but neither one of Me's has the energy. So, I just agree to agree with myself. HA HA
This is how a person sounds when they spend too much time alone and begin thinking of yourself as your own roommate. Scary............
Hope everyone had a great week and that things are either getting better or at least staying the same.
God bless everyone here or your higher power of choice,
Judy
heyjude5050 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote