Thread: RSD Options
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 02:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RSD Options

Thank you Jo*Mar -

The TOS has been in my right shoulder/arm/chest area. I had been pain free from 2002 until 2006 after rib-resection by Dr. Togut. The pain returned and I assumed it was the TOS again. I saw Dr. Robert Schwartzmann at Drexel University who said it is RSD. Same area but it is spreading. It now is going to my left arm and legs. I get tremors and weakness. Sometimes typing is difficult because my fingers jump to different keys. The Ketamine infusions are scary to me. My local neurologist agrees with Dr. Schwartzmann and said this is my best option. My family doctor is concerned. I can't do physical therapy because it makes the pain worse. I have tried just about everything imaginable. I was told not to have any surgical procedures done because this makes the condition worse. I have to have a gynecological surgery in 2 weeks but Dr. Schwartzmann gave me the ok and said he'd treat me after. As it is, they can't do the infusion until September. He wants me to cut back on percocet but pain is a living hell as you all know. I can't live a "normal" life like this. It causes great depression and not having anyone understand makes it difficult. I'm tired of yelling at everyone. When I break down and cry they understand for a short time and then back to the same old crap. Where are my socks, where are my keys, what's for dinner. My mom says let them figure it out but I have a 6 year ould daughter! I can't leave the house a mess. I don't want this effecting her. I have had this pain for 10 years and it has changed all of my children. When you can't allow your child to lean her head on your shoulder while you read to her it is tough. I just don't say anything and endure the pain. Sorry to go on for so long. I had felt if I avoided this site I could pretend I didn't have this any more. Obviously it didn't work. Linda
LinJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-13-2009), DiMarie (03-13-2009), Jomar (03-14-2009)