View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am half way there!!!!

I've been a part of this group for the last four years. I came here unable to walk. Now I'm walking, back to work, even taking a Yoga class three times a week! I've lost 40 pounds and plan to lose 60 more.

I have my days, and my weeks. I know that if I don't keep stress in check, it will check me and put me in pain for a week or so. I've figured out I have about a 3 day delay in my cycles. If I "splurge", and push myself, it will hit me within 3 days.

My doctors did pretty much "nothing" for me except tell me I have Small Fiber Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy. Ran lots of tests on me and sent me home with lots of medications that made me unable to function at work. I lost my job and was even more depressed! This group taught me what I needed to get back on my feet. (Even after I fell a few times and tore my rotator cuff and couldn't use my right arm for 3 months!)

I followed Bob's diet advice.. (Wings 42) and I take Vitamin B supplements. I eat Spinach and Salmon three times a week. I hardly ever eat red meat... I put Flax seeds into my morning smoothies and have learned to say no to a lot of things I used to love. By taking control of my own life.... I've taken control of my disease! (I'm still sad that I can't wear a pair of red high heels!) At least I can walk now... and I couldn't say that 3 years ago!

The people on this board have not only helped me pull myself up with my Neuropathy, but also from the Depression that comes with being diagnosed with a disease!

Thank you all! And for you Newbies... there is hope.. don't give up! YOU have to be your own advocate!
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
amit (03-13-2009), BonDon (09-20-2009), CarlaDanDan (02-25-2010), Curious (03-12-2009), fabdou (06-11-2010), glenntaj (03-13-2009), Hope15 (06-03-2009), Marty SLC (07-30-2009), mrsD (03-12-2009), Pins&Needles (09-13-2009), sadfeet (03-12-2009)