View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
His comments on the testing...well he got to sit in front of a computer and he was supposed to press the space bar only when a letter came up but not on X...his comment...what do they think I am? Stupid??? Another was moving some blocks into another position in like six moves or less. His happiest part was not writing much at all.
Was this the sensory integration testing? I recall similar testing as a young teen (13 or so) and I yelled at my mother - I told her she thought I was stupid. I had an Occupational Therapist do this test on me (my mom was a COTA at the time). I have to say, of all of the tests, this one insulted me. Now that I've aged, I can laugh at myself. My school and pediatrician never followed up with my results, saying I'd outgrow it.

Try to find out if that was the test and get the results, the test does seem stupid but once you get the results it makes more sense and is very cool to read on.

Keep us updated. Tell Michael Aunty Ellie had the test done and I thought the same thing!!

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote