View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Another two cents

This is somewhat of a repeat of something I posted on a similar thread, but I strongly feel that, while there is much to learn about predisposing factors to the development of diseases such as ours and others, I can't help but feel that there is some danger to linking terms where there is no empirical evidence.
There is almost (OK, some tribal cultures not ever exposed to widespread pathogens, etc, just to cut down on some angry retorts that I may get) no person on this earth who is without infection with some pathogen. Infection and inflammatory processes are a part of the human condition. The inflammatory process works to protect the body, though certainly a hyper-response has the opposite effect. It's all part of the body's attempt at maintaining homeostasis. If our body produced no response, we would all be dead before we reached our first birthday. Without the ability to respond to an outside threat with the increased circulation of WBC and blood supply, we would have no chance to beat infection at all.
I feel compelled to mention that connecting infection (and cancer in other threads) to the development of RSD can be a slippery slope. There certainly is no cause to alarm those who have had infections with an increased threat of RSD without any solid proof that this connection exists. We could just as easily connect that brown-eyed people are at increased risk. Please be cautious about alarming people needlessly and without true proof.
There are certainly facts regarding predisposing events;stories we all know and share. This disease is so horrible and so poorly understood that there is a certain sense of desperation which I pray we don't add to without proof and not speculation. Two events happening at the same time does not make a causative relationship.
llrn7470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DianaA (03-12-2009), dreambeliever128 (03-12-2009), info hungry (03-12-2009)