View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vender View Post
This is strange I came to this forum today because I too am at my end. 4 years and I've had enough. What can we do? Is the 1st rib surgery worth it? Do we just live in pain and take pills? I am in Michigan and if anyone could recommend a doctor or treatment..... I need to end the pain.
Thanks
Mark
Mark,

I thoroughly researched my surgery issues and I fought work comp to have surgery done by Dr. Annest in Denver. It did not cure my TOS, but it stopped the headaches for over a year, and totally erased the RSD which was going all over my body. One doctor would not do surgery on me because of the RSD, but Dr. Annest and I felt that with better circulation I would have less symptoms. He was right. I still have horrific pain and need a pain management doctor, an internist and I go to the ER because of difficulty breathing every six months...(they infuse me with morphine and calm my stomach and breathing down. My last stay was about 9 days?) I've had TOS 6 1/2 years.

It seems like men have better results than women on surgery. We've had two guys who were cured by Dr. Sanders and Dr. Brantigan in Denver.

These are my honest opinions, and you'll find others...

Advance search my name for the thread on TOS testing, as you need to make sure you have TOS and nothing that mimics it, like MS or cervical issues.

God bless.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (03-18-2009), astern (03-13-2009)