Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxgal View Post
I'm hollaring out to Mrsd and Kitt but if anyone else can chime in please do...

Mrsd do you (or anyone else) know if CoQ10 can have gastro side effect? or does it not mesh well with other supplements? Been having some gastro issues for the last couple of months and the only "new" thing I have been eating or taking is the CoQ10.

Kitt (being a CMTer) I was wondering if you have read or found any info or experienced muscle spasms in the front of your throat? I have had a few nasty and quick (thank goodness) spasms on the right side of my throat.
Hi lynxgal. Here is a site from the Mayo Clinic on CoQ10. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/coe...nt-coenzymeq10

Your body also makes CoQ10. I believe you would want to know if you are low in it. They are doing trials on it for people with CMT.

This information is for the general public. I thought the part about taking herbs/supplements at the same time might be of interest to you. Some of the rest is that it may lower blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in patients with diabetes or hypoglycemia and in those taking drugs, herbs or supplements that affect blood sugar.

Also can cause nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, heartburn, diarrhea, loss of appetite, skin itching, rash, insomnia, headache, dizziness, fatigue, flu like symptoms, light sensitivity of the eyes, etc.

I have not experienced any muscle spasms in my throat as a CMTer. I do not know if others have or not.

I hope this helps a little. I will try and see if I can find anything concerning the muscle spasms in the throat for CMTers. Can you further explain what you mean by these spasms. Take care.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (03-24-2009)