View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very interesting. My new, wonderful, specializes in Myasthenia Gravis (aren't many like that!) neuro that I just saw today confirmed - definately stay away from Chantix if you are myasthenic, because the receptor it blocks is the very receptor that we have trouble with already. So....now I know.

Also, Annie, your comment that is DOES make sense that I can't find the motivation to quit even if it could mean death via stroke has more meaning tonight than before. I am showing strong spinal cord symptoms in addition to the MG, as I do off and on. A couple of reasons could be the previous cord compression in my neck and some possible current instability at my last fusion site, or she mention polyneuropathy which I looked up and, large bummer!, it fits all to well. I'm not real sure but that a quick major stroke wouldn't be easier on myself and my family down the road than what I may be facing if I live real long (my family lives to the 100's). I'm not suicidal or anything, but I do believe that quality beats quantity hands down.

Becky