View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default If you're going crazy we all are!

I bet almost everyone of us was made to believe we were crazy - I was flat told that by one neuro - said it was all depression over my dad's death and that I needed to be in the psych ward!

You'll have to check out the new post I'm going to do in a minute here.
I have found THE neuro in my area. She's awesome, and I will relay some of what she told me.

The important thing for you to know is that your doctor WORKS for you. You can fire her if she isn't able to answer your questions, isn't willing to call you to discuss your concerns, or if you feel there's something she's not doing.

I had one neuro I really liked right after I got my last dx (I've had 2 now) for MG. She stopped taking anything but Medicare or BC/BS insurance because her real specialty is end-stage MS and I'm sure that's all most of those people have for insurance.

Anyway, I started a search for a replacement neuro when I starting have some minor issues again. The first one may have been ok except that her English left a lot to be desired and I needed clarity. The second one was close to my home, but it turns out he mostly deals in head injury type neuro stuff. I began searching everyway I could think of to find one that lists at least neuromuscular diseases as a specialty and hit the jack pot.

In the realm of feeling well cared for, understood, and taken seriously, I feel it is so important, though very difficult, to find a neuro with the right sub-specialty.

If you'd like, I can help with the search or checking out your doc/docs if you would like to let me know where you live. I'd be happy to help.

Don't despair - you are in control even though it feels very out of control right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdbyrd View Post
I had labs drawn this week(anti-striational antibodies). Every other lab draw I've had done for that has had positive titers, indicating MG.

My labs drawn on Monday came back today and they were negative. What does that mean? Does that mean I'm in remission? Or does it mean nothing?

The ONLY positive indicator I had for this disease was this lab test. I came in with double vision when looking upwards, that and occassional fatigueability. I had remaniscint thymic tissue as well, but that's it....

I know how powerful the mind is over the body, now I'm wondering how much of this stuff is in my head. Is this normal? Am I going crazy? Lol, feel like I am.

I would like to speak with my neuro but she's very difficult to reach, next appointment isn't until June : /