View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 02:32 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Question Chiropractic care anyone?

Looking back over the years I have had serious back pains. When I was a small child I would get migraines. My mother was at the time seeing a chiropractor, and he began treating me. Immediately the headaches would go away after adjustment. the adjustments became less and less necessary and eventually I stopped going.

Then there was the accident where my friend flipped the car 3 times and landed on my shoulder Which warranted another series of trips to the Chiro. Another accident when I was 19, a slip and fall at work when I was 21. Now this one was interesting.... The pain from that one never went away. To this day it still comes back. When I went in for my last round of treatment with the chiro, I could not stand up straight without shaking. I was having migraines, balancing issues, knife in the spine feeling. Six months of treatments later I wasn't fully recovered but my insurance refused to pay for treatments and I was running out of money. I mean $35 a pop three times a week wasn't a luxury i could afford with an $8 an hour job.

Looking back on it today and with the other health issues I was experiencing at the time, I have no doubt this was an MS flare up.

However, I know that I felt relief from a majority of my symptoms although it was temporary.

When I saw my MRIs and the lesions on my spine the last thing I considered was a trip to the Chiro. In fact as I was looking at the inflammation on my spine and the fairly large lesions I thought I couldn't go if I tried. I mean wouldn't adjusting my spine cause more inflammation?

And today as my back is spasming and my joints are fighting the IVSM by trying to lock up, I think about how great it would be to relieve the pressure in my spine.

I have seen a lot of mixed reviews online about Chiropractic. I am wondering if anyone is seeing a Chiro, and if so is it helping?

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote