View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thankyou all very much for your replies. It's very much appreciated.

I don't know what is happening. I actually thought of lactic acid buildup because I had gone through a period of time there when my daughter was having health problems, and everything else, and I was having panic attacks again. Hadn't had them like that for years and years. Anyway, I'm not having panic attacks anymore, but these tight biceps started after they stopped. I usually do take a calcium/magnesium combo., mrsd, but I stopped that after reading some information I had already found about calcium buildup. I really do need to take it though as it helps me with a whole lot of things including my RLS.

I've some major liver issues and was putting all this down as a secondary effect from that. Don't know for sure, but that was my suspicion.

I have had problems with my spine for years and years. Apart from various other things, I do have disc problems in my lumbar spine and c-spine. I also have trapped ulnar nerve causing numbness of little finger and ring finger on left hand. The pain in the elbow (nerve pain) was really really bad in the beginning. I think I injured it moving very heavy boxes of books when I moved a couple of times but that was a few years ago now. However, the past 5 months or so, since maybe end of June, my left arm has been pretty darn good compared with how it was. Occasionally I turn into a claw hand, but that's only when I grip something the wrong way. Before, it was getting like that a lot more. The numbness isn't as noticeable either... still there, but not numb like heavy as it used to be all the time. weird.

I am a bit of a twitchy person anyway, but have had more problems with that this year. They are fasciculations, not tics. They come and go and aren't in the same place.

It's just weird that my muscles started contracting like that on their own. At first I felt as if I'd caught something, a virus perhaps. They feel really tight like a tennis ball. I couldn't figure out why it would just be my arms/biceps and not generalized. I had a really bad fall and head injury a couple of years ago and have never fully recovered from that. I've not followed up on that recently but perhaps I should again. I still am having dizzy spells... well they're not really dizzy spells, they're something different, but it's making it difficult to get around when I'm feeling that way. My feet don't feel as sensitive as they used to. I wondered if that was part of the reason I fell in the beginning, but of course, now I'm scared of falling again, and that's a whole other subject.

I'll check out some more of the info. you all left for me. It is very much appreciated.

Gee. 5.42am and I said all that! Sounds like I'm really falling apart lol

Thanks Kell, Idealist, mrsd, Wittesea.. hope you've all had a good day there.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote