View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 08:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default tried others

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLBEYMOORE View Post
Thanks Garden

You are so right just a little break from the pain helps. Sleeping to me doesnt count I just want to be able to be active with my kids and husband without being grouchy because of the pain. It really stinks and I now it is affecting my children as well as my marriage.

Can I ask you if you had other form of pain medication or did you go directly to Percocet. I am on Ultram or Tramadol and it does nothing but keep me awake thru the pain (go figure) I have scratch marks from the side affects I guess. I gave up using the medication on Sunday...
I have an appointment with a Pain Management center on April 15th and hope they can find the right combination for me.
I was put on something called Soma? Carasopradal I think...Those we called Brain killers instead of Pain KillersThey got me messed up & did nothing to control the pain. I was offered phentenal patch, not sure that is spelled correctly, but my research scared me. I don't want to be dysfunctional. For me, the Percs work the best. Unfortunately I have learned to plan my life around them. They are not the magic pill but I Can manage to get normal things done most days.

I do hope your Pain Clinic will work with you to get you the best relief possible. I have been so Blessed to have found mine! Good luck on the 15th! Let me know how you made out?

I can also relate to what you said about the husband & kids, Yes it does affect them, but if you are open with them & share some of the pain you are in, they will know what is helping you...Don't be afraid of scaring them away. I made that mistake at first. THEY turned out to be my biggest strength in so many unexpected ways!
gardengrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote