View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcompe View Post
I actually had many visits with world renowned otolaryngoligists, and they were totally puzzled. One of one was a friend of a friend. So, you can tell this isn't easy. On a better note, I found some articles online this week talking about several types of Tinnitus (even painful ones) and some partially effective treatments. And, I found out Tinnitus is common after a head injury and the symptoms match up. Too bad ENT's can't see that after 8 years of hitting the books.

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but I am only 23, on disability, and in major debt from college. I had to leave college because this condition is so debilitating. I've been dealing with a 4 year long headache from plugged ears. Its been hell trying to diagnose myself and order/ask for different medications to try. Everyone gives me ****, but I'm still dealing with the problem, so how can you blame me. We pay Doctors to fix our health issues.

I have appointment with The Neurology Department of The University of Pennsylvania Monday. I am not that hopeful, anxious if anything, but hopefully I can get a script for Baclofen. Its a anti-spasmylotic agent that shows efficacy in treating tinnitus. It un-contracts contracted muscles through the modulation of GABA nuerons. Its also used to treat multiple sclerosis. Its likely that my head injury caused a slight disruption in my CNS, and my ears muscles are highly spastic.

I'll post if it works. I would never want anyone to live through this, if I can help it.

That was the first thing that I noticed after my injury. My left hear became clogged. It is now much better, but it comes and goes. Like everything else the stress makes it worse. I hope you feel better soon.
seiko is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote