View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default IVSM Psychosis! Long ranting vent

So i went ballastic on my fiance last night. After being up since 2:30 yesterday morning he wasn't in the mood to drive me 50 miles to the Fire Dept so I can have a real medic change my stupid IV site out of the top of my hand. So i got dressed and proceeded to get ready to drive myself after cursing him and hanging up on him. Fortunately he made it home in time to stop me before I left.

Then we get there and stupid me I forgot to bring Saline. So we ended up not being able to move the IV.

And it is after 2:30 in the afternoon and the man is still asleep. Here is my problem. I have about 8 inches of air in the IV line. And the catheter is clogged where it connects to the tube going into my hand. Because it is in my hand I cannot unscrew the thing and insert a fresh line. I need one hand to hold the IV in while I unscrew the cath with the other hand.

The nurse seems to think allowing the 8 inches of air into my hand would not be bad....meaning she is too lazy to come in on her day off and fix her screw up! Now I know if I wait any longer to do the stupid IV I will never fall asleep before 3 AM.

I am ready to go on a rampage and throw the man out of bed to make him come help. And I know it's the IVSM and not me. I am frustrated that I am missing the FD fundraiser (I normally volunteer for all of them) and I missing a baby shower today because I am stuck in my house about to be tied to the IV Pole again!

Thanks i just needed to vent.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (03-14-2009)