Thread: headaches
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpredictable View Post
I have headaches alot. But I can't pinpoint when they happen, how often, etc. I do know that I have different headaches. Sometimes, one side or the other, sometimes near my sinuses (which i'm pretty sure I know what causes those one), my whole head, the back of my head, the worst one is probably the top center of my head and feels like some one stuck a knife straight down into my head.

Another weird possibly unrelated thing just started today. I smell something really gross but I can't figure out where it is coming from and my husband doesn't smell it. I took a shower just in case, LOL. At first I thought it was my pillow and then I started smelling the same smell in other parts of the house. It sort of smells like a dirty dog. I could even smell it outside, and it was not coming from outside because it was no stronger than inside.

Has anyone had experience or solutions to either problem?

Also, I always wonder if I injured my brain from one or many of the times that I was hit in the head or landed on my head. But doctors always ask if you have been knocked unconscious and I don't think I have. Could I have still down damage even if I was never knocked out?
Boy, I used to have so many headaches. They used to buy Advil for me at the office the way they bought sugar for others to use in their coffee.

Headaches for me were always related to stress.

Now, decades later I've learned that stress depletes vitamin B12 and that magnesium has a relaxing affect without doing any damage to jaw bones the way that Advil can and does.

There is some research that ties some headaches to low vitamin B12 levels. I'm afraid I don't have a link, though.

The smell thing is interesting. There was a thread a LONG time ago about hallucinating smells.

Because smell is related to nerves, I wonder if you have a nerve problem and if methylcobalamin to replace vitamin B12 if you are low on it would help.
unpredictable (03-15-2009)