View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good for you, Vicky! Good luck!

Music instruction in school is SO important! I get so angry when I think of money being cut back for important things, and AIG executives STILL getting mega millions in bonuses after accepting taxpayer money. How do they sleep at night?

I'm thinking bout getting a MIDI piano which hooks up to the computer so I can save music I write as written music. I also want to learn how to read music again. I forgot. Never thought that would happen; I studied piano and was pretty good at it, too.

I tried to read music recently at my brother's piano and I could not. But I was able to compose some sweet music, which really surprised me, but it's gone into the ether. I wish I could have saved it.

A scientist here says when she plays the flute a lot, she thinks better and designs better experiments. I think you build new neural networks. i've said this before: when I studied typing in high school, my sight reading at the piano improved. I think both activities used the same brain connections: sight to hand connections.
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vlhperry (03-15-2009)