View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 06:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink My GOODNESS, Lara - <giggling>

I DID say -essentially- exactly what you said (except that I made a boo-boo and said the "ALT button" instead of "CTRL button"....

But I came HERE because I DO use my internal AOL browser because it is SO fast, faster than Opera or Firefox - even after I installed a pre-cache program for Firefox and IE) and thus, I was HOPING it might be possible to get the instructions here.

After all, if I thought you were an expert on all browsers (and I have do IE, Firefox, Opera and the new AOL external "any service" browser on my computer....) AND if I realized you check this forum regularly, I would have entitled this thread, "HELP, LARA" But I didn't want to presume on any user to be "my everything" or to know everything. But apparently you enjoy learning things in depth.

However, I have taken your various instructions and tried them out (except on IE that is ponderously slow) and they work - even on the new AOL Browser. BUT, as you pointed out, they ALL are different control commands, depending on the browser you use. With one, you had to shift to the Alt button plus " - " to get it back to small.

As for the IE font size/type commands, that only works on pages that do not already have any directives as to font size/type.

The only problem with the blanket CTRL "other button" is that EVERY THING on the entire page is enlarged. Which means my having then having to scroll left and right to see the entire page.

Generally, I DO think it is a good idea to increase the size of the default font, like JL did at OBT, because the vast majority of computer users at support forums like this are virtual computer novices, as well as ill and/or disabled, and scarcely a prime audience to be expected to learn advanced browser directives to enable them to read here.

If given the choice of OBT's easily legible font over NT's tiny font, many users would simply go where the legibility is desirable.

Teri
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote