View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My parents are 87 and 85 and all I hear from them is how many of their friends died each week so didn't checkin last week as the only news I had was two friends died the day after Thanksgiving and I found out the wife of a best friend for many years had inoperable brain cancer.

Things are a whole lot better this week as the temps have been in the 40's after the third coldest November in history which makes my PD very tolerable. We had a beautiful Christmas postcard type snow storm yesterday and I went out and scooped my steps. I shoveled going down, all 16 of them!!

Figured I'd give the kids money for Christmas and know what I'm getting the grandkids so that is not a concern. My son from Phoenix, and his girl friend, will be here for the first time in nearly 2 years so am excited to get to see him again. His girl friend is from California and has never been in this extreme weather so should be an experience.

A friend is taking me to the memorial service of one of my friends tonight. I figured two hours of night driving was beyond my limits.

Hope you all have a G R E A T week.

Dale
DaleD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote