View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 11:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Judy,

I was just quickly popping in before "48 Hr's Mystery", and saw your message.

Yes, thanks, I am resting well this weekend. My daughter is still improving bit by bit from the LP, but the numbness and skin sensations haven't let up at all yet. She is not sleeping 24 X 7 anymore, the vertigo has let up, and she went to a movie with a friend today ... so I life is getting back to normal.

I had checked into this facet last year actually, because I had a "stroke-like" incident at Xmas/07. They did all the tests, I came up clean, and in the end my doctor said something similar to what yours did. Additionally, I have choking episodes when I am sleeping quite often (I go on Monday for a sleep study), and have had breathing difficulties (have had COPD testing ... and I am good). We've presumed those symptoms are related to MS too . . .

My worst lesion(s) are high up in the C-spine, which I suspect are actually into my Brainstem, based on some symptoms; TN, ON, etc. That, combined with my sleeping/choking/stroke-like symptoms set me off on a little research into the Autonomic nervous system last year. Admittedly I don't know much about it, except maybe what to watch for.

Here is a website, that is quite easy for me to interpret and relate to some things we may have experienced:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/416459

Whatever the reason though, Judy, I think I would strongly encourage you to consider a pace-maker. You definitely don't need the stress and worry of such threats, and it will keep you safe.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (03-15-2009)