View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 05:56 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I really like that.

I tend to have to force myself to do certain activities due to anxiety rather than depression though. Apart from the staying in bed one. I don't have that happening. I wish though. I tend to be awake before or as the sun starts to rise.

If I'm afraid of the traffic as I am some days, instead of staying away from it altogether, I force myself to drive even if it's just up the beach or down the shop. If I'm afraid of heights, I force myself to go a little higher... etc. Some days I do know my limitations though and it's not as easy to force myself out of my comfort zone as it used to be.

I think that's really good advice. I'm not sure what Hazelden is or what it's got to do with addiction, (OK, I just looked it up.) but I think those suggestions could be adapted for many different situations we face in our lives... all of us.

A good book to read (just my suggestion of course) is "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway" by Susan Jeffers. It could be very useful to help with depression as well as anxiety I'm sure.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (03-15-2009), gardengrl (04-06-2009)