View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 11:10 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Sherryklly - I agree w/Mrs D about this...

BUT even so, judges may declare a degree of 'decorum and control' in their feifdoms, they must STILL Follow state and federal laws!
I found this one site which addresses this access issue:
http://sdog.danawheels.net/
Key info is about halfway down under 'State Disability/Service Dog Laws
Once you've got any 'laws' in your paws, so to speak... contact first the head judge of the courts or the 'Clerk of the Court' who runs things...and ask why not? Don't be emotional, just cite facts, chapters and verse. Assert your rights!
Also contact your state senators and reps to help you thru this morass...don't forget you are dealing w/people who are mostly ignorant.
I guess I'd also suggest that you try and find some way to get your friend 'certified' and used to wearing one of those dog vests labeled 'SERVICE DOG'! Obtaining certification might just not be as hard as you think it is because there are lots of dedicated people working hard to help you. YOu just have to find them and ask!
Ignorance of the handicapped is rampant - I once had my cane yanked out of my hands because it had a brass ferrule to run thru the x-ray [at a courthouse]. Then I had to have help to walk thru security! Yep my cane is one heck of a dangerous weapon! Silly stupid people.
I hope this helps - yes it means a lot of hassle, but....It will benefit you and ever so many others in the future!
Please give your creature an extra 'cookie' from me! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (03-16-2009), Lara (03-15-2009), OneMoreTime (04-16-2009)