View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Is this sort of a poll??

All people have stress factors in their life one way or the other. There is always a stress factor present, especially if you have an undiagnosed disease which is not recognised as such yet.

Stress would then be that you keep doing as usual, but your body protests the stress of having to perform in spite of the underlying disease. I do not know, but I feel that patients too easily can get a brush off with stress from doctors. "It is just stress, go home and relax!"

I had my disease for years before being diagnosed, so yes, I had stress because I kept pushing my body to do the usual, and of course it did not like it!

So somehow the doctors were actually right. My body was stressed, but stress was not the cause of the illness, it was the symptom that something was wrong in my body. I now know that my disease is hereditary and hard to diagnose.

I hope that I did make some sense of the above for you, I have been thinking a lot about stress and stress factors and the way some doctors use stress as an excuse for not being able to find the underlying disease. This has caused me much anger - another stress factor for the body

Take care and be well!
GanaQ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote