View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legzzalot View Post
You know Erin you may be right. I was knitting on the loom earlier. I was trying to finish up a baby blanket for a friend of mine, which I gave up on when my other eye starting messing up. I am so bored that I actually called my mom and asked her to bring my DD and come spend the night. Fiance is pulling a 24 hour shift. One down side to living 50 miles away from all of my friends and family. So she is on her way.

Oh yeah so I can't really eat anything b/c of the heartburn and have been on a fruit smoothie and yogurt and water diet for 3 days. And I have still gained 8 lbs in 4 days. Told mom to bring me some books on cd to listen to. Waiting for her to get here so she can help bag my arm so I can take a shower.

I think next weekend after the steroids have worn off and the MRI's are over that I am going to kidnap the fiance and go to the winery and just take a couple days off.

You're loom knitting?? I've tried that. Goes too slowly for me. Looks cool, but too slow. I crochet more than I knit, hand knitting goes a bit faster than loom knitting for me, but still too slow for me. I crochet so much more quickly. I still love to play with yarn and the hooks and the pointy sticks.

I just finished my first knitted wearable (other than scarves) I knitted two wrist warmers. I'm surprised I actually was able to finish BOTH of the wrist warmers. (basically it's a knitted tube, open on both ends, that fits over my wrist and has a thumb hole for my thumb to stick out of.)

What I basically did was knit it flat, like knitting a scarf, and then when I decided it was long enough, I folded it into the tube shape and sewed it up, leaving a hole for the thumb.

Too bad I dont like wearing the left handed one. My left hand has had some weird numbness since just before Xmas, and I dont like the way the wrist warmer feels on the ball of my thumb.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote