View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not Proud of It

But I take Lyrica, tramadol, and oxycodone. As a probation officer, I always feel uncomfortable refilling the last of those meds. But....reality is, after trying to wean myself off different combinations of this cocktail, I have decided that I will continue to take these three meds. They have improved my pain level tremendously. I'm able to go for walks, exercise on my elliptical machine, and be much more positive with those around me. I can't answer as to why a narcotic would have a positive effect on, what really is a nerve disorder. You go to the pharmacy to refill this drug, and the looks that you get are very eye-awakening. You'd think that you are the next drug addict to get his hillbilly heroin. I have a client on methadone. He is recovering from heroin addiction. He tells me the horrible side effects that he gets when he doesn't get his daily dose. He says that it is worse than heroine. I can sympathize somewhat with him when I have run out of my script, and the Twin Cities had completely run out of Oxycodone two weeks ago. The pharmacists really had no sympathy for those that were on this meds. Well...I'm rambling here...but it is one thing to have a difficult disease like PN, and then deal with the issues surrounding narcotic medications.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gardengrl (03-16-2009)