View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb NMDA receptors...

One can work with NMDA receptors. Magnesium is useful for this and also is a good vasodilator.

Here is a wiki article that lists drugs that work as antagonists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA_receptor

Avoidance of MSG (monosodium glutamate) may help and avoidance of aspartic acid (in nutrasweet and some supplements) may help too. These two amino acids stimulate the NMDA receptors. MSG is in many processed foods, especially soups and snacks, gravies, etc. Restaurants use it heavily.
Q-doba mexican really pours it on....I can't eat there. Some new soups are on the market as NO MSG...and the difference is striking to the body! I have met people who eat MSG containing foods 3 or more times a day! We are just not designed to handle a flood of non protein bound glutamate this way. We were designed to consume glutamate that is normally in foods which is slowly cleaved off the carriers as needed.

MSG and NMDA receptor stimulation is a very common trigger for peripheral neuropathy. I've posted many many times on this subject over there. I am finding many similarities to PN while reading here. We have several posters with full body burning, for example.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (03-16-2009), gardengrl (03-16-2009), Imahotep (03-23-2009)