View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 07:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default medical marijuana

Howdy,
Anyone using medical marijuana here? I'm legal (Canada). I tried a wide variety of meds but none were effective for depression, lethargy, anxiety etc.
MM (medical marijuana) has made a dramatic difference in my life. I've had Parkinson's for at least 9 years and a year and 1/2 ago I was prescribed artane for tremors. Within 3 days I had a psychotic and physical reaction, ended up in hospital IC twice, and wore a catheter for 4 months. Although I've made a good recovery I am worse off than before. I can't sleep more than 3 hours.

Without MM I am awake by 5 or 6 am. I am lethargic and really don't do much except lay around, with no interest in anything. I have no appetite which make's it hard to medicate. I shake all the time.

With MM I am up and active at 6am, eat well and keep active and happy all day. It also helps me sleep and makes me feel relatively normal.

Ive also done research on the latest research and it's quite amazing the positive results. Over time I will post some links... With Parkinson's disease it's hard to get a med that effectively treats ONE symptom; MM treats may PD symptoms - insomnia, loss of appetite, relieves tremor, lethargy, depression, anxiety, etc. It relaxes me in public and makes me less self-conscious when I'm shaking in public.

MM is going to go mainstream soon and Drs who ignore it's effectiveness or bad-mouth it are going to miss the boat.
Lethe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote