View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Pepper,

I'm SO sorry to hear about everything that you are going through right now! I really hope that you start feeling better real soon and I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

My RSD has spread also. It started in my left leg after an ankle sprain in March 2007 and spread to my right arm in September 2007 after another injury and I now believe that it has spread to my left arm (although I haven't been diagnosed or seen my Doctor about it yet).

As some of the others have already said, there is no correct way for RSD to spread. It will do what it wants, when it wants unfortunately and no two people present the same.

If I could give you any advice, it would be to keep moving your leg as much as possible!! I KNOW that it is really hard and painful but that is probably one of the things that will help you in the long run. Start off by doing gentle exercses and then build them up as and when you feel able to. Do you currently recieve any Physical Therapy?? PT is pretty important in the treatment for RSD so that might be something to look into if you haven't already. I have PT on a weekly basis at my local childrens hospital and do exercises at home on a daily basis. It hasn't took my pain away at all BUT I am more mobile than I used to be (I can now walk short distances unaided where as I was wheelchair bound before).

Also, have you looked into the side effects of the medications you are taking?? I just wondered whether the new med that you have been prescribed could be contributing to some of your problems as the symptoms started 2 days after you started taking it? That might be something to look into and let your doctor know if it isn't helping you that much.

Take care of yourself and please know that I am here for you if you ever need to talk because I DO understand what you are going through and just how scary it can be dealing with spreading or worsening of symptoms etc.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and please keep us updated when you can. Sending many pain-free hugs your way and I hope you get to feeling better real soon!!!

Alison.