Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Default What ever happened to .....

I thought this was very interesting!

Quote:

Death leaves online lives in limbo (AP)

NEW YORK - When Jerald Spangenberg collapsed and died in the middle of a quest in an online game, his daughter embarked on a quest of her own: to let her father's gaming friends know that he hadn't just decided to desert them.

It wasn't easy, because she didn't have her father's "World of Warcraft" password and the game's publisher couldn't help her. Eventually, Melissa Allen Spangenberg reached her father's friends by asking around online for the "guild" he belonged to.
One of them, Chuck Pagoria in Morgantown, Ky., heard about Spangenberg's death three weeks later. Pagoria had put his absence down to an argument among the gamers that night.

"I figured he probably just needed some time to cool off," Pagoria said. "I was kind of extremely shocked and blown away when I heard the reason that he hadn't been back. Nobody had any way of finding this out."
More at the link:

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200903...c_death_online

Last edited by Curious; 03-16-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: copyright...just shortened and put the link back. :)
Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (03-16-2009), Curious (03-16-2009), Doody (03-16-2009), who moi (03-21-2009)