View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hello and Welcome to Neurotalk Ojpinky!! It is great to meet you although I am sorry you need to be here! Everyone is really nice and friendly here so i'm sure they will be more than happy to help you if they can!!

I'm so sorry to hear that your fiancee has MS! As Sally said, you sound like such a great man and I give you lots of credit for loving and accepting your fiancee even though she has MS ... many men wouldn't do the same thing from what I have learnt from others unfortunately!!

Jennifer is SO lucky to have you! I honestly don't know what I would do without my mum. She has been there all the time I have been ill and supported me in any decisions I have made and it really makes a difference to have someone that actually understands somewhat what you are going through and cares about you!

I am the girl that Sally was talking about! I don't have MS but have a condition called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome that is similar to MS in quite a few ways (according to my Pain Management Doctor, it is in the same "branch" as MS!). I developed CRPS in my left leg when I was 12 years old and it has since spread to my right arm and possibly left arm also. If Jeniffer ever wants to talk, please tell her that I am here for her because I DO understand how scary it can be dealing with such an awful condition at a young age!! My nanan had Progressive MS and has passed now unfortunately but I stilll remember quite a lot of what she went through.

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask! I am more than happy to help you if I can and i'm sure many others will be also!! Please feel free to go in the "Stumble Inn" sub-forum at the top also - that is where we can go and have some fun and chat about anything non-MS related!

Take care and please send your fiancee my love! Welcome to NT again!

Alison.
GmaSue (03-18-2009), Kitty (03-18-2009), Ojpinky (03-18-2009), SallyC (03-16-2009)