View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 05:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

RW, yes I think they are in a rush to move me through so someone else can have the chair. That really irks me. I used to go at 2 pm (which is the last appointment time). The past two times I have gone at 8 am and noon. Today the Tysabri was definitely infused over 45 minutes. Maybe the last one was too. I could have sworn it was 1 hour when I used to go at 2 pm (no one waiting to go after me since I was the last round). Regardless, I emailed my doctor asking that she write in my file that it has to be infused over 1 hour. Then I guess I get 30 mins. of saline after. And then wait 30 more mins.

This clinic can be so unpleasant. Everytime I go in there all the nurse does is whine and complain about how overworked he is. They instituted a new policy where they put a wrist band on you with your name and the drug you are to receive. He was crabbing about that today too. Seems like a good idea to me to insure the right person gets the right drug. Unfortunately, I have no alternatives that I can afford. Since my infusion is in the doctor's office they charge me a $25 co-pay to do the infusion. If I went to a regular infusion center I would have to cough up 20% of the cost and that is too much.

Anyhow, I'm feeling a bit flu-like with headache and nausea. I think I'm going to go take a nap even though it's almost 6 pm! I'm just hoping I feel better tomorrow.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Riverwild (03-16-2009)