View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

DM,

I am so glad to hear that your appointment went so well. I sure hope they can get you on the right med for your osteoporosis.

I took my second once monthly Actonel and have been in pure misery the last 2 weeks. My back, ribs and knees have been the worst.

I felt some discomfort the first month but I had a failed back surgery in 1991 and always have pain. The pain was worse for a little while but not too bad.

I fell a few weeks ago and hit the wall in my hallway. I banged myself up pretty good. I was sore and bruised but glad I didn't break any bones. I was starting to feel better and could get around ok.

A week after the fall, I took my second Actonel and a few days later, my pain was just horrible. It was getting worse instead of better. I have been able to take a shower and that's about it for the last two weeks. I have been miserable and couldn't figure out what was wrong until I did some searching on the Internet and found all the site about pain from Actonel.

I am not taking anymore Actonel once monthly pills. I can't tolerate that much in my system at once. I see my PCP on the 25th and am going to ask her for a weekly dose of the generic Osteo med and see if that works.

I wish you luck with your doctor.

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (03-17-2009)