View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Very freaky migraine

I've had migraine with aura before (2000/2001), and only a few episodes during that time in which I experienced the auras. They were the glittering circle that comes on in 1 eye gradually over 20 min and dissipates on it's own. In each case I experienced this, I never experienced the migraine pain afterwards (painless migraines).

Skip to this last Saturday, when I woke up with a charlie horse/leg cramp in my right calf. I jumped out of bed, literally, and planted my foot on the ground as quick as possible.

After a few seconds the spasm began to calm down, but I felt extremely faint and my skin went completely clammy (my boyfriend was there to actually witness it, and could feel my skin change almost instantly and get clammy).

What this event lead up to is what I'm writing about. I laid back after this occurred, closed my eyes, and there it was. A bright, hazy white circle in the centre of my vision with my eyes closed, with a dark circle in the centre. Ack. It was quite large as well. I opened my eyes and it was reversed. The white circle was dark in my opened eye vision, the dark inner circle was white.

It faded away after 5 min approx., but while I've seen the twinkling, glittering crescent moon shaped auras from migraines illustrated before and have actually been able to look and say "Bingo. that's exactly what I experienced!" in this case, I've never seen an oval-shaped (sideways) white hazy perfect structure, with a dark centre.

It wasn't related to 1 eye either. I tried closing 1 eye and then the other to see if it only appeared in 1 eye. It was in both.

I didn't end up with a headache/pain after either.

Has anyone experienced this type of visual disturbance? Do you think that this was related to having a really terrible charlie horse that nearly caused me to faint, or was the whole 'event' related to migraine
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-23-2009)