View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My Dad isn't any good at doing anything in the house either. If anything needs to be done, it is always left to my mum to do. My dad will attempt to try and do something but it will always go wrong so my mum is forever telling him to just leave it and that she will sort it out when she gets chance!!!

My mum has just decorated all of the kitchen and ripped all of the cupboards out and re-fitted them etc. We got the builders in to do most of the work such as the plastering and tiling as no one in our family really knows how to do that but my mum did all of the painting and decorating.

We have just had an addition added to our house. The local council here and my social workers decided that I needed something downstairs so that I could live on all one level if I ever had to. I find it really difficult to cope with going up the stairs so they decided to fit a full, downstairs bathroom for us. It is looking really nice now and is suitable as I can get my wheelchair in and out but it was a nightmare trying to get it built and nearly everything went wrong!! The extension was only supposed to take 6 weeks to build but it took a lot longer as the builders accidently dug through the water pipes and flooded the entire street!!!! The Extension got finished just before Christmas and my mum had her new kitchen so thankfully, we could eat our Christmas dinner in there!!

The bathroom has only just got finished as it hard for my mum to decorate now with having to work full time, take me to school and hospital appointments etc. It is looking really nice and fresh though - it is currently painted cream with some nice tiles around the bath tub and sink.

My mum and dad have also just finished laying some laminate flooring in the hallway and dining room. We had carpet before and our old dog had a cancerous tumour on his nose that used to bleed a lot so blood would always go all over the floor and it made a mess and started to smell so we decided to rip it all out entirely. It is looking a lot better now and seems to have made the rooms look so much bigger as before they were quite dark!

My mum plans to do her and my dads bedroom next. They started it ages ago but it hasn't been finished yet. It still needs to be painted but they have put the wardrobes and cupboards in so at least they have somewhere to hang all of their clothes now!!

My dad is also busy doing the garden. When they did the extension, the builders had to dig out so it created a huge mess!! My dad has laid all of the grass but it went wrong at first so it took him ages to do and my mum is also now busy laying a border and is going to plant some flowers when we are able to!! It was a bit of a nightmare as there wasn't any fence in the back garden other than seperating ours and our neighbours so our dog, Jack used to always be running off!! One of my dads friends has come and put a fence on though so it is looking better and we don't have to worry about Jack running away anymore!!

Good Luck with all of your projects, Brain - I hope they go well for you and i'm sure your house will look beautiful!!
AZjanie (03-17-2009), Twinkletoes (03-23-2009)