View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I'm sorry to hear that you don't think that the injections are helping you! I really hope that you can find something that will help you and relieve your pain and symptoms real soon!!

Is your doctor injecting directly into your RSD limbs??? If so, you should never do that unless it is absolutely crucial (ie, in a life saving procedure etc)!! My Doctor made that mistake and did a Guanethidine Nerve Block directly into my RSD leg when I was diagnosed with RSD and it made me so much worse ... I was left unable to walk and in a wheelchair for 13 months. At the time, my doctor didn't know that you should never inject directly into an RSD limb and it was only when the complications started occuring after the block, that my mum found an article on the internet about it. I hope i'm not scaring you - that was never my intentions at all. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes doctors don't know things like this and to inform you so that you can let your doctor know IF he is injecting directly into your RSD limb(s).

As far as the pain pump, I don't have one but have spoken to many people that do. There are a few people here on the forum that have the pump so you might want to speak to them and see how it is working for them. From what I have heard, it is different for everyone and no two people react the same - some have great success with the pump whilst in others, it causes the RSD to get worse. Over here in the UK, they will only do the pump as a last resort if all other treatment options have failed. If I could suggest anythimg, it would be to research as much as possible and speak to as many people as possible before deciding to go ahead with the procedure. No one can force you into doing anything you don't want to do and you know your body better than anyone else!!

Take care and know that I am thinking about you. I hope you start to feel better real soon and please keep us updated when you can!!