View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Question for PC users- Norton virus protection

Ok, I have a question that needs answered. I am a devout Mac user, and love it. Apple products are clearly the superior makers of computers but I won't go there now. my question is about PC's.

Recently I had to buy a PC to use for a side business that I am working with that won't run on PC's (yes, I could install a windows OS on my mac and partition it but that would make it voulnerable to viruses, which I won't do.

So, since I have never had to worry about Virus software, my question is how important is virus protection software? my new pc came with a free trial of Norton Virus protection. that expired the other day and now the pop up warning comes up about every 10 minutes saying "you are not protected"

how important is it to install this software? I belive it is probably a scam and I also think there is some merit to those who say the Norton people actually pay people to write viruses so people have to buy the software.

HELP, I hate PC's. I wish my program would run on my mac, no hastles or headaches.