View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
You didn't mention how you're aneurysm was repaired, clip or coiling? With a coil repair it seems more people have headaches and for a longer time in their recovery, not a medical fact, just my observation. You are still pretty early in your recovery so headaches can be a problem and should diminish in time. I had a rupture and clipping 4 years ago and got different degrees of headaches frequently over the first year of recovery, but I just took Tylenol for relief so yours sound more intense, everyone is different and we all heal differently. It has been 4 years for me and I usually get some sort of head pain almost every day, from a nerve type pain that lasts only 20 sec to an "out for the day" headache. I also suffer with migraines, but surprisingly have had fewer of these since the aneurysm. You mention you are a nurse, I know the stress involved in the job, I am one too, so please don't go back before you're completely ready. I have never gone back, and if I do it will be doing something else, less stressful. I wish you the best in your recovery, and it is a slow one to be sure,
Ruthie
Ruthie1959 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote