Thread: living with PN
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Since I was DX and even before - I tried to fight the PN. Seeking for everything that might help. But facing the situation - it is a long fight...

What do you do in order to accept the PN? How do you learn to live with it? with the pains and all the other things that connect to it?
Well, amit, I have learned to just try and find the right combo of meds and supplements that help the best in treating the symptoms. I participate on this forum as much as possible and review info posted here. My wife is very supportive, working extra time to hlp financially, helping me around the home, hugging me, etc., etc. I try to spend as much time as possible with my young son, taking him to tee-ball practice, playing bakugan on the floor with him, helping my neighbor work on my son's '56 Dodge Kustom, etc. You know, my son started limping around the house immitating me because he was having sympathy issue. I appreciated his concern (he is only 6 y.o.) and of course talked to him about it, so he doesn't do it, but even that he did it shows his love for me. You can't ask for anything more than that.

Accepting that my lifestyle has changed forever and modifying it so that I can do the max I can, is a start. Having a great family who are very supportive is a must. Having friends here, though only by the web, is nice as well. Don't feel sorry for yourself, just adapt as best you can, and I think you'll find that you can survive with a decent lifestyle with the love and support of your family. That's good enough for me!

I'm an atheist, so I don't pray or participate in any religion, nor do I have any need for it. But if you find that that helps you get through things, by all means go for it. Whatever (that's legal) you find that helps you deal with this and be as normal as you can, that is what you need.

Best of luck, dude! We all support you here.

Jay

P.S. The other thing I do is think about all those folks who are in wheelchairs, blind, or with terminal cancer, and be thankful that I'm not having to deal with their issues. I am very fortunate, if you look at things as a whole. :-)
jsrail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
amit (03-18-2009), lynxgal (03-18-2009), SeamsLikeStitches (03-18-2009)