View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I took Norton off of all of my computers. I hate Norton with a serious passion. I had used Norton 360 on my Gateway computer a few years back, and it slowed things down so badly and DIDNT WORK to stop viruses at all. It made it nearly impossible to do anything on my Gateway computer, it was such a resource hog. (and Norton 360 was ungodly expensive!)

Our local cable company, that we get the high speed innernets from offers free antivirus (McAfee) so that's what I use on 2 of my computers. (I have 5 'puters)

One computer, an iMac, doesnt have any antivirus on it (the antivirus program that my dad put on it was Norton, which I took off, and I tried AVAST that I got from Apple, but didnt like it, so I took that off too)

I have AVG Antivirus Free on my other computers. My boyfriend suggested that one. I'm using their free version right now, but am considering paying for the full version. (I just checked, it would cost me $65 to protect two computers with AVG...$55 for just one)

So far tho, their free version has been working fine, as far as I know, I dont have any viruses running amok in the computers.

I like both McAfee and AVG, and I'm getting both of them free right now, so I'm pretty happy.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote